Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Third Day :|

Today in our cyber class we watched another video which is what I am about to talk to you about!

I believe that after the war had hit Athens and forced them to move away, brought them diseases, and new more corrupt leaders they needed philosophers to bring them back to their better days. After their  ruler had died and they had been struck with a horrible disease they started to stray away from being good. They turned to more angry choices because they didn't see a point in doing good if both good and bad people both suffered the same fate. This sudden turn in their ethics most likely caused good men like Socrates to stand up. If they no longer listened to their older beliefs and values then they needed philosophers like Socrates to challenge them to better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter to Future Brenna

Dear Brenna (Me), As I write this letter I am told that forty-fifty year old me would be reading it. That's pretty cool and I bet I am ...